Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Twice the Blessings

Most of the people who read here already know this but… we found out about 9 weeks ago that we are expecting Baby #2. :o)

IMG_0800e

(I’ll share more pictures from this photo shoot later!)

I will be 14 weeks this coming Saturday, and couldn’t be more excited. The nausea and fatigue of the first trimester (which is not easy to deal with when you have a needy one-year-old. But, I survived!) is slowly ebbing away. I still get tired easily, but the nausea isn’t as bad. I only get nauseas if I haven’t eaten, or if there’s not enough light in the house in the evenings. (weird!) Daylight savings has helped a TON with that! I can’t really tell if the nausea has been worse or not this go-round. It first hit around 6 weeks, and that first week was definitely the toughest. I could not function in the evenings (which is when I would start feeling sick, just like with Logan! Whoever came up with this “morning” sickness stuff is crazy!) and it would feel like the whole world was coming down around me. Everything felt like a MUCH bigger deal than it was, and I had a hard time coping with life at night. But then… I’d wake up feeling normal for the most part, and life was good again. Haha until that evening. ;o) But that only lasted for the first week, then it let up a little. I’m hoping within the next week or so, the nausea will be completely gone. But the good thing is, I haven’t thrown up at all this time! I have come REALLY close several times, but I managed to fight the gag reflex hard enough to win. ;o) By about 11 weeks with Logan, I had thrown up about 15 times. SO thankful that didn’t happen this time!

Anyways, we went to our first appointment about 3 weeks ago, and we got an ultrasound! They burned a copy of the ultrasound onto a DVD for us, so I have a little video to share with you! It’s about 5 minutes long (it was 7, I reduced it down!) and I put some words in there, to help clarify what’s going on for those who haven’t seen a ton of ultrasounds. ;o) It gets good towards the end, so watch the whole thing!

I’m so excited to have another baby. Some days, (haha, like when Logan is being especially needy, or won’t go down for a nap) I get kinda scared about having two. But then the good moments come back around, as they always do, and I know that things will be fine. That they will be good. That they will be GREAT. How could they not with twice the amount of cheeks to kiss, toes to tickle, and bellies to blow raspberries on? :o) I’m excited to become a mommy of 2. Twice the work, but more importantly… twice the blessings! It’s going to be a wild ride, and I can’t wait!

1 comment:

blondevue... said...

That video was really neat. Hearing the babies heart beat, incredible.
Logan is so cute in his little big brother onesie. You are very blessed :)