Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Camping Trip

Alright, so here are the first half of the camping trip pictures. I don't really know what the deal was yesterday, but blogger was freaking out at me. So, here they are. :o)


We were loading up the truck here.


We had a lot of stuff, and there were only 4 of us, for 1 night! :o)


Getting ready to head out. We were very excited. :o)





We're here!!!


Ok, as I said in the previous post, I was enthralled with this bench. There will be a few more pictures of it before the post is over.


It was SO beautiful out there when we got there. I can't even describe how happy I was to see the sun.


A set of stairs in front of where we camped. They were half-way under water because of the flooding, but it was kinda cool. We spent a lot of time on the steps.











I made Charlie sit on the bench and pose. :o) He wasn't listening very well though. He was WAY too distracted at everything around him...as you can see. :o)


Setting up camp





I love how the Glory of God is so evident in nature around us. I think this captures that quite well.





Haha, Josh and Ang's tent is the ginormous yellow igloo lookin' thing. :o) Ours is the dark one, in the shadow of the big one. Haha. It's ok, ours was PLENTY big for us. :o)


Love this picture.





My model shot of Charlie. :o)





So, I was supposed to be watching Charlie, and he went in his kennel, so I kinda forgot about him, and at some point, he got out of his kennel and wandered off. Whoops. So, Mike comes over and he's like, "Babe, where's the dog?" and I say, "Oh, he's in his ken- umm, I dunno. Great. Where did he go? He was there just a minute ago." So we yelled for him, and Mike found him wandering around by the bathrooms or something. This picture is of when they were walking back to then tent. Haha, Mike has that look on his face that he gets when he's annoyed at me. ;o)





Tearing apart a wood pallet for firewood.


Cooking my hotdog on the camp stove, because the fire didn't work out too well, with everything around there being soaking wet, from the recent rain and flooding. We tried. We did get one going the following morning though, so it was all good. :o)




Well, there's the first half of the pictures. :o) You can look at the previous post, below for the second half, if you haven't already. Hope you enjoyed. :o)

No comments: