Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Posting

So, I'm being bugged to post. There's just not a whole lot going on with me right now, so I don't have a lot to post about. :o)
So, I have decided to post the pictures of the flowers that my mommy got me for my birthday back in October. I said I was going to post them "later" because there were a lot, and I didn't feel like going through them at the time. Anyways, I'm sure you all have forgotten that I said I would post them "later", but whatever. :o)





Anyways, there you go. :o)
Things with us are going pretty good. There was some severe air leakage, around our door that leads to the back porch, so since we don't actually use that door, Mike decided to put spray foam in all the cracks. So, the door is spray foamed shut. Then, he put that plastic shrink wrap stuff over it. The combination of the two helped a lot, and our floor is no longer freezing. We're working on replacing the whole thing, as part of an energy rebate program, but we'll see how that works out. I should probably buy some curtains or something though, because the door and the windows on either side of it look terrible, what with the foam seeping out of every crack and all. :o) It's quite comical if you ask me. :o)
It's such a blessing to not have to deal with that wretched cold weather anymore. I don't know about you guys, but it was a brutal 3 weeks, regardless of the fact that we're getting out of here soon.
Anyways, I think this is a sufficient enough post, so I'm gonna go. :o) Hmm, I guess I should work on getting you that picture of my new fabulous Burton coat next, huh? :o) Yeah, we'll see. Hope you all are having a fabulous day. :o)

4 comments:

blondevue... said...

I was about to begin thinking you were joining the ranks of lame bloggers for lack of blogging. But alas you have been spared.
I'm ready to go to lunch, (AND its Only 10:12AM!!) That what happens when you begin work at 7 in the morning. (so ungodly an hour!) ;-)
Your an hour closer to lunch than I am. ;) Miss you chicka, thanks for letting me talk to your husband last night. He was a all american computer hero. =o)
hahaha. I can't believe my computer was actually upside down. Only in a family of 7, what can I say.
See you in 12 days. OooLAH! O'so happy! :)

Happy Girl said...

Aww, pretty flowers. You'll have to show me on my camera how you do that on your camera. =)

And "only in Alaska" is sealing your door off with spray foam considered normal, is what I have to say. Ah the things that we do to keep warm! Oh, and the curtains would help with the heat factor too. =) We've had some pretty think curtains, but it really helped just having them there. They do block out the sun though, so that's pretty sorry.

Florida Girl said...

Looks like you are doing quite well with that camera. Very pretty pictures. FYI: We are "freezing" here tonight and it's 41. Gotta love Florida and us wimps that live here. :o)

Anonymous said...

Glad you posted. I was missing you. Glad that door got fixed and that it is finally warming up. I better get some work done. With all the posting I have been doing myself I have not got much work done here. Please pray for me Kass I have alot going on and I need a friends encouragment.
love you
Amber