Friday, May 15, 2009

One Week...

One week from yesterday will be my last day at work. Odd. Actually, after today I will have 4 days of work left. Crazy. I'm still feeling pretty good about it, although I do get a little sad every now and then. :o) I've got a lot of ideas floating around up in my head right now as to what I'm going to be "doing" after I get back from Texas, and I'm excited about the possibilities. :o)

One week from today I leave for Texas. Exciting. :o) For those of you who don't know, my sister-in-law, Lauren gave birth to my first nephew on Wednesday, May 6th. As far as I know, everyone is doing fine, and happy and healthy. Well, not all are HAPPY. ;o) Apparently Taylor is very jealous of her new baby brother (who's name is Jacob Ryan Pinkston, by the way). Her mama says that she is very mean to Jacob and anyone who holds him. I feel bad for her, but I know it will pass. Funny little kids. :o) Hopefully she's not mean to me though when I'm down there, because I can't wait to see her, and plan on taking her off of her mama's hands for a little one-on-one time. :o)

Well, Mike leaves for Anchorage on Sunday night, for more training for work. He's going to be gone all next week, and then gets home the night I'm leaving for Texas, so we're barely going to miss each other. Bummer. We weren't exactly planning on being apart for three weeks, but that's just how his training worked out. We will survive I suppose, but being apart for a week when he went to California was rough. They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder though, so maybe sometimes people need that. :o) Someone should check in on him though, and make sure he's eating more than frozen burritos, subway and taco bell. ;o)

I'll try to post along the way while I'm in Texas, but we'll see how that goes. I'll probably have quite a bit of down time since Kaylee is going to be working a lot. But, I've also got a pretty full list of things I want to do while I'm down there, and I'm just hoping we can get everything in. :o) Trying not to stress though. It IS supposed to be a vacation, after all. :o)

Alright, well I haven't updated in a while, so I just thought I'd say hi, and let you all know what's going on around here. Hope you're all having a great day! :o)

13 comments:

Happy Girl said...

That's funny because I was JUST thinking that I should check if you updated and then I told myself that No, I shouldn't because I get your RSS feeds now so my email will tell me when you've posted. Yah, so not even 3 seconds later Up it popped on my email. Ironic I say, Ironic.

Anywho, yes dear I'm glad you posted because it has been awhile.

That's a bummer that Kaylee is working, is Tanner going to be busy? You could chill with him. =)

Poor Tay, I was wondering about that.

Kassandra said...

Yeah...see that's the thing. Kaylee is working in Arlington, so Arlington is where I will be. Everyone else is in Anna, which is a good 1 1/2 drive. So, I'm kind of stressing about as to WHEN exactly I'm going to even SEE Tay and everyone else. Sheesh. So, yeah. It will all work out fine. I'm just worried that I won't get enough time with Tay. But when I think about it, even if I spent every second of the entire two weeks with her, it would never be enough time. I'm not even there yet, and I'm already bracing for good-bye. *sigh*.

blondevue... said...

Someone should check on your husband?
Your funny chick.
Seriously...each night for the next week before you leave make double the dinner, and freeze it for him.
That way technically your still doing some of your 'wifely' duties and making sure he's eating more than taco bell while your gone. ;-)
Not that I'm sure he couldn't handle figuring things out on his own, but then he gets your good cooking even when your not there.

I'm glad we got to talk the other night, I've missed you.
Hope that you have a great weekend, I'm SO excited for mine to start. Please don't yank me down from the clouds. :o) lol...

Hug that neice of yours for me when you see her! I expect lots of pictures! :)

Love you,
Tori

Florida Girl said...

Why don't you just continue on to Florida to see this lady you have never met? lol

Honestly-I hope you have perfect peace about the job and I believe things will be very clear as the months go on. I am smiling because I think that if I fast forward a little then I am gonna be clicking over to see what you and a little someone are up to . . .

I really hope your trip is safe and very restful.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you. I am getting some "home" projects done so that I won't be totally embaressed by my house... I do live in a trailer!
amber

Kassandra said...

Haha, Pam you're so funny. ;o) Trust me, coming to see you has actually crossed my mind a time or two. ;o) If I wasn't making a trek up to North Carolina, I would probably try to find a way!

But maybe some day when I'm down south visiting with that "little someone" you're referring to, I'll make the trip over to see you. ;o) Because we'd HAVE to get a photoshoot in with my favorite blogging photographer. ;o)

Jenn said...

Sounds like your going to have a ton of fun. Hope you do....say hi to Chris and Lauren for me. Loveyou!!!

Kassandra said...

I will Jenn! thanks, love you too! :o)

Happy Girl said...

Oh my goodness! I just realized that you leave in 3 days. That's crazy dude? Wow, I am such a horrible time tracker. =P

Happy Girl said...

Two Days?!!!!

Kassandra said...

Technically, I'm flying out tomorrow night. :o)

aksunflower said...

Please give Lauren a hug for me. Put your schedule in God's hands and just relax! You are going to have a great time! I am so glad you get to go see Amber. Brings back memories...
Laurie

Happy Girl said...

Hey babes! You're back now, we want some pictures. Actually, I don't even have to have pictures, just bla, bla, bla, would be good. Missing you bunches hon. You know, I think I'm calling you after work...=)