Saturday, January 16, 2010

Christmas Cakes

Just wanted to post pictures of the little cakes I made for the families at church for Christmas this year. They took forever, but I'm really pleased with how they turned out! :o) The cake itself is pound cake, brushed in simple syrup. They're cut into 3 layers, and filled and iced with a Mocha Buttercream Frosting. Then I made little sheets of chocolate and wrapped them around the cakes, and also put them on the top. Then added more buttercream frosting to cover up the chocolate seams and make everything all pretty. :o) They were really small, not quite as big as a cupcake. Anyways, here they are. :o)



4 comments:

Happy Girl said...

Wow girl. You got some dedication if you make that many of those little things. I sure would have given up after about 20... But go you!

Courtney Michelle Photography said...

Hey! It's your long lost blogging friend! I'm back after almost a year! haha

I read a few posts down and was overjoyed... you're gonna have a baby! Yay yay yay! Congratulations! You look beautiful!

Courtney

Happy Girl said...

That's funny... I was sure I was going to see pictures of baby clothes, etc....

Kassandra said...

Wow Courtney, it's been forever!!!! I haven't popped in on your blog in a while either, gonna go do that now!!! :o)

Lanae`, I have like 85 pictures of all my baby stuff that I got. yikes... don't really wanna load all of them on here... but still want to do a post for you. not sure what to do yet. ;o)