Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Kind of A Funny Story....

So, I've been having issues with tires over the past couple of days. Well, actually for the past week. Ok, lets get a little history behind this before we start. :o) About two and a half months ago, one of my tires went flat. So, for two days I aired it up, until I got my dad to look at it. He was spraying it down, trying to find where the air was leaking out, and he found several spots. The entire side wall of my tire was splitting where it joined at the top. The tire was junk, there was no going back. I was finally forced to buy new tires. (I was putting it off for as long as possible) I rode around on my older brother, Chris's spare for about a month before I finally bought the new ones. They cost me almost $500 dollars. I was so happy to have brand new tires on, and not having to worry about whether or not one of my hanging-onto-the-last-thread-of-life tires were going to blow out on me at any second or not. I once again felt completely safe in my truck, and thought that at least for a while I wouldn't have to worry about tires. I mean, once you get new tires, there's nothing to worry about with them, right? Uh yeah, wrong. My mom had to borrow my truck last weekend to go to Minto to take dad and Chris our big black sled, and hip waiters, so they could float out the ginormous moose that Chris decided to shoot in a swamp. Anyways, I didn't mind mom taking my truck. We didn't really have much choice, since she traded her truck in for a car with smaller payments. Her car is a stick, and tons of fun to drive, except the fact that it's a car. I don't like being so low to the ground, and feeling so tiny. I'm definitely a truck kind of girl. Anyways, getting off the subject here. :o) So mom took my truck out there, and on the way in, down that horrible dirt road, somewhere along the way, a huge rock stuck right into my tire. Needless to say, mom came home with the spare on, and my barely-a-month-old tire, flat, in the back of my truck. Yes, it was sad. So, I called TDS yesterday, the place I bought the tires, and told them what happened, and asked what we could do about it, because my dad said that something like that shouldn't happen to a tire so new. So, you wanna know what the guy said to me? "Well, it's not the tire's fault that the rock went through it." Uh, what? I didn't try to beat the tire to death or anything. Does it have feelings too? Good grief. The things people say sometimes. Really it cracks me up, but come on now. So then he started to tell me about the manufacturer's warranty and what it doesn't cover (rocks, nails, etc.) . Blah blah blah. So he told me to go ahead and bring it in, but at that time, I was seriously doubting that they were going to do much at all. So, I called dad, told him what the guy said, and he said, "Ok, I'll call Dan over there and talk to him about it." Dad works at Aurora Motors, and they do a lot of business with TDS, and Dan is kinda his buddy over there. Anyways, Dad called Dan, Dad called me back, said that Dan said to bring it by and he would see what he could do. (wow, too may D's in that sentence. Kind of confusing :o) ) So, I was telling Rhoni (the lady I work with, who's desk is right behind mine. we get along really good. she's super sweet) about all of this, and she was like, "Oh really? Because Dan is they guy that I'm kind of seeing right now." So, Rhoni called Dan, sweet talked him, and he came over and picked up my tire, killing two birds with one stone, because he got to see Rhoni in the process. Or more like, he was able to pick up my tire in the process of coming to see Rhoni. Either way, I don't really care. :o) He took the tire back to TDS with him, and looked at it. I guess the rock was so big that it wasn't fixable. He had to replace the tire. I originally paid $115 for it, without it being mounted and balanced. (Dad did that part for me) Dan charged me $100.00 this time, and he mounted and balanced it, and replaced the valve stem. Plus, I got free pick-up and delivery. So, yeah, it wasn't all that much off of the original price, but I got a few extras stuffed in there. :o) And my dad told me that they would pay for it, so it's all good. So the moral of the story is: Don't think you're out of the woods as far as tires go, just because they're brand-new, and make sure you have a spare, because something will happen when you least expect it. The night that mom drove out there, we had to move some furniture for Chris and Lauren's cabin, and we were debating taking the tire out, when mom found out she had to go to Minto, and she said, "We'll leave it in there, but I should be good, your tires are brand new." Well, there ya go. :o)

Wow, so this post turned out to be longer than I planed. But I guess that's ok. :o) So, I hope none of you are going through tire issues, because I know it's no fun. :o) Talk to y'all lata! :o)

No comments: