Sunday, September 9, 2007

My Weekend

Well, my weekend with Taylor went pretty good. I had her since Thursday night. She went over to the Toziers on Thursday. I ended up leaving work early on Thursday because I have this horrible cold. So, I went and picked up the little Tater Tot, and we went home, and just hung out for the rest of the day. I tried to clean up the house some, but I felt so bad, that I didn't really get a whole lot done. If I had known how bad I would feel a couple days later, I would have thought that I felt great at the time.

Taylor slept really good for me all weekend. she slept in her own bed, (she normally sleeps with Chris and Lauren) and I never got up with her in the night. On Friday, she slept until 10:00. That was really nice. :o) So, on Friday, we didn't do a whole lot either. Tried some more to straighten up a little, but she ended up just going behind me and messing up everything I had just cleaned. Little stinker. That's what they do I guess. :o) We ended up going into town in the afternoon. I was already planning on going into town, to take her to work, to meet some people, but then my mom called, and they were in town with boat problems, and she needed me to bring her some stuff, so I guess it's good that I was already planning on going. It's tough on the gas tank to run back and forth too much. So, I took mom the stuff they need. And then we went to my work, so I could show Tay off. Everyone loved her. She was runnin around upstairs being a little goof ball. She had a lolly pop, so that was pretty much all she cared about. A word to the wise: giving a 15 month old a lolly pop makes them extremely slobbery!!! :o) I didn't mind though, it's just a little messy. :o) They all thought that it was so cute that she could say "more please" and "thank-you" in sign language. She also learned how to say "bear" this weekend. Not in sign language, but verbally. It's so cute. After we got done showin off for the girls at work, I had to go pick mom up, while dad worked on his truck, and we went over to Chris and Lauren's cabin, to get Chris's moose permit that he forgot (genius). Then after that, Tay and I went home, and shortly after that, mom and dad came home for the night.

Taylor woke up at about 8:00 on Saturday, and I never even heard her cry in the middle of the night. (I put her pack-n-play in Lucas's room, right next to mine). Mom went in there and got her, giving me a little extra time to sleep. That was nice. Mom brought her in to me at 9:00, so she could go outside and help dad work on the boat. They left a little while later, after fixing the boat, then came back down the driveway 2 seconds after they left, and dropped the boat back off. Mom came in to inform me that they were going to borrow somebody else's boat (a guy that my dad used to work with) because they had finally gotten a hold of him at the last minute. So, all the work on the boat for nothin' but oh well. :o) I'm glad that they borrowed someone else's because that thing still wasn't running right when they went to leave. So, then mom and dad finally, after all the hustle and bustle made it back off safely to Minto. Taylor and I had to go into town a little while later to pick up some chicken feed. I needed two different kinds, and naturally, they were out of one. So I got the one they had in stock, and we headed back home. She did awesome when I put her to bed that night. Normally, I will take her in the room, with the lights off, and show her bottle to her, then put it in her bed, and rock her for a few seconds, then lay her in her bed, and sing to her for a few minutes, then walk out. And whenever I walk out, she always cries. Then I just let her cry for a few minutes, and she goes to sleep. Well, Saturday night when I walked out, she didn't even cry. I was like, "Yessssss!!!" :o) It was pretty cool. and whenever she cries in the middle of the night, I don't go in there, and she just cries for a couple of minutes, then goes back to sleep, but if you get up with her, then she's awake forever and she cries even harder.

Sunday, we got up and went to church, then came home, and I fixed some lunch, and put her down for a nap, and I was FINALLY able to get some real cleaning done. I cleared out the whole arctic entry-way, and I swept and mopped it, and the landing, and the stairs. It looked great by the time I was done, and I was reasonably happy with it. I also cleaned the living room pretty good, and got things straightened up on the table and stuff. Then Tay woke up, and I wasn't able to get much else done. We went back to church, then came home, and ate some dinner. She was walking around the living room and she kept whining, so I asked her if she wanted to go night-night, and she was like, "yah, yah". It's so cute when she does that, because she whispers. Anyways, I went and did our little routine, and when I went to rock her in my arms, she started whining again, so I pointed to her bed, and I said, "Do you want in your bed?" and she was like, "yah, yah." So, I put her in there, and walked out, and for the second night in a row, she didn't cry. I was so excited. :o) I went to bed shortly after that too.

On Monday, Taylor was supposed to go over to the Toziers again, while I went to work, but I ended up calling in sick. I decided that I would still take her over there if Miss Dawn didn't mind, because Cadence was talking to Johnny on Sunday, and she was like, "Did you know that Taylor gets to come over to OUR house tomorrow, and WE get to babysit her?" She was all excited about it, and I didn't want to disappoint her. I called, and Dawn said that was fine, so I took Taylor over there after she woke up, and she was so excited to go play with Cadence. It was SO cute. And it was really helpful for her to be over there, because I was able to get the kitchen cleaned. So it all worked out quite well. I went and picked her up at 4:00, and then we headed over to the Denton's so I could babysit my regular kids for a while. Taylor had a blast over there. She was pretty tired by the time we left. I put her to bed as soon as we got home, and tried to stay up until everyone got home. I gave up at 12:30. Then they all came home at 1:00.

So, anyways, there's a playback of every second of my weekend. :o) I took a few pictures of Taylor that I will try to post later. I actually learned a lot about taking care of babies this weekend, not that I've never watched a baby, but I have learned that my babies will NEVER sleep with me. So, a word to all you future mothers, don't let your babies sleep with you. I'm not kidding. You'll end up with a 15 month old that you can't get to sleep on their own, and it's really frustrating. :o) I know she did really good for me this weekend, but I watched her last Monday, while Chris and Lauren moved into a new place, and it was horrible trying to put her down to bed, and she ended up sleeping with me, because my dad wouldn't let her just cry for a few minutes. When I first put her down, she was crying, and he went in there and got her!!! I was like, "Uhh...It's not going to kill her to cry." And really, it won't. :o)

Today is Wednesday, and I feel worse than ever with my cold. I went to bed last night at 6:00 and didn't wake up till 7:00 this morning. I got 13 hours of sleep. I guess my body was pretty worn out. To be honest, I feel like I could do it all over again, but we have church tonight, so that's not going to happen. :o) People at work think I have bronchitis. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I can't take any more time off, because I don't have any more sick time, and I just can't afford to lose the pay right now, so I guess I'll just have to suck it up, and move ahead. :o)

Well, there you have it. Now that I've killed you all with the boredom of it all, I'll go. :o) Talk to you guys later!!!

Kassandra

No comments: