Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's Been A Crazy Week

Well, sorry I haven't posted in a while. It's been a crazy week. On Tuesday I went home from work a little early because I had a terrible sinus headache all day, and I was miserable. I ended up coming down with this cold that has been going around. Fun. I stayed home on Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday I was able to get a lot done around the house, even though I was miserable all day. Couldn't hardly breathe through my nose, and everything else. Thursday I didn't get anything done because I woke up with a killer headache that didn't go away all day. Anyways, I was feeling better on Friday, so I went into work.

Friday was another story... to get right to it: I ended up putting in my resignation at work. I had a meeting with my boss, Debbie right before I went to lunch. We talked about a lot of stuff, that I just don't really feel like going into, because it's just a long story. But, basically, my life goals aren't really matching up with the goals that Spenard's has for me, and I guess it's just time for me to move on. I'm sad, because while I was planning on quitting hopefully in the next several months, I wasn't quite ready yet. I have enjoyed my job. It's been a fairly good place to work, and I've been comfortable there. But, when things were just laid out before me, I could see that I didn't really have a choice. I had to chose between the things that were highly important to me, and the things that were important to SBS. Me resigning from my job is what's best for me, and what's fair to Spenard's. I'm going to miss the great people that I work with, but plan on popping in from time to time to say hello. I will be there up until the 21st of May, which is the day before I leave for my trip to Texas. But my last day could be earlier, if they hire someone else, and get them trained before then. But I'm hoping to be able to stay up until my trip. We'll see what happens though. Please pray for the Lord's guidance in this area of my life, as I don't know what I'm going to do when I get back from Texas. Mike says he doesn't have a problem with me not working, but since I don't exactly have any little babies to take care of I think I would get real bored real fast just staying at home all the time. :o) So, I'm thinking I'll try to find something that's part time, although the thought of starting a new job is intimidating to me. So, anyways, please pray for me. I would really appreciate it. :o)

Hmm, well I was gonna post about something else, but I can't seem to remember what it was. :o) I hope you all have had a wonderful Easter, and are celebrating our Lord rising from His grave. What an amazing, forgiving savior we have. :o) I love you all.

8 comments:

Florida Girl said...

I am absolutely thrilled Kassandra and I know that sounds strange but I just feel like it's OK. Not sure why but I trust that God is working and this is a necessary step that will be clearer in the future. I am praying for you and I really hope that your last days there at work are good. Look forward to your trip!

Love ya! Happy Easter to you too!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you! But trust me, there is alot more things at home to do than you think. If you can afford to stay home, you should. Good luck! love you!
amber

blondevue... said...

God has a great plan for you Kass, I know that this is all part of it.
I love you.
:)

Florida Girl said...

STILL VERY EXCITED ABOUT IT! Cut corners and stay at home. There is far more at home to do than many think and "being his helper" is the most important job anyway. Hope you are having a great Monday!

Anonymous said...

Hi! See...a comment!

Florida Girl said...

That photo is really great. Good job. Show me more when you have them done. :o)

Kassandra said...

Thanks Pam! I might post the rest of them tonight. We'll see. :o)

Mrs. Kim said...

God has a plan for you, Kassandra. If you can stay home, it is the most rewarding plan for your life. Think of all the things you can do?! Yea!