Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Some Thoughts

Well, I "formally" resigned from my position at Spenard's yesterday, by turning in my letter of resignation. My last day is going to depend on how quickly someone gets hired and trained. I'm back and forth on this issue. One minute I'm hoping I get to stay until the day before I leave for my trip to Texas, which would be the 21st of May (I leave on the 22nd). Then the next minute I'm just wanting it to be over, and moving on, and then back again. So, thankfully, the Lord already knows what's going to happen, and I do not have to worry about it. He's got it all mapped out, and he has a plan. And for that, I am thankful. :o)

I hope my post the other day didn't come across wrong. I don't want any of you to think that I am a career woman, who simply has to have a job, because that's not me. Quite frankly, I spent the first several months of marriage unhappy with my work situation because I wanted to quit so badly. But my husband thought it best that I kept working, so I did. But I wasn't happy about it. Bad attitude. Anyways, over time I came to enjoy my job, even though it was hard to work a full time job and take care of my home and husband the way I need to be. I no longer wanted to quit my job, and things were running smoothly. Haha, then the bump came. This bump. And suddenly, things were switched around: I'm quitting my job, and I don't want to, and my husband is the one sitting there saying that I should just quit, and that it doesn't matter what I do as far as a job situation when I get back from Texas. Funny how things work sometimes. :o) But I want you all to know that I am not opposed to staying home full time. I do not need a job to make me feel "complete" or "needed" or any other kind of non-sense like that. I am perfectly fine with staying home, if that's what I end up doing. As of this moment, I simply don't know. There are a lot of factors that will go into that decision. For now, I'm just taking things a day at a time, and trying to be quiet and still, and figure out what it is that the Lord would have me to do. Because that's all that matters anyways.

So, I feel like this is all coming across more dramatic than it should be, than I'm meaning it. :o) I'm feeling better every day about this decision. I guess it was just the initial shock of getting rid of something that has been my life day in and day out for the past 2 1/2 years that upset me so. I know that the Lord is good, and that his plans are good, and I rejoice in that. I'm excited to see where His path takes me, and what new opportunities this could open in my life.

I love you all and appreciate all the supporting comments. :o) You don't know what that means to me. It's nice to be reminded that there are still some who care. Hugs. :o)

8 comments:

Florida Girl said...

I have been there and done all that you are feeling. I am happy to report that I am diagnosing you as perfectly normal. You'll be great at anything you decide to do and it sounds like you are in the center of God's will and being still is always a great idea. Keep up posted because we all do care what you are up to--even here in Florida.

Happy Girl said...

I can finally get on your blog!!!!! YAY! Haha. Yah, I'm excited about your life change with your job. I know that it's rather sad that you're leaving there, but it'll be cool to see what happens. =) Love you babes. Thanks for seeing me off at the airport today. You know it means lots to me. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I know your dramatic, that's what great! I have no drama in my life so I live through others.... lol

I love you and I know it's tough, been there done that!
amber

blondevue... said...

I don't think any of your true friends would think that you just wanted to work the rest of your life and never have babies. I know that is the desire of your heart. The last post seemed fine, don't be so paranoid your sounding like me. :) We love you and know what your heart meant.
If it helps any, I also have a huge peace about your job. God totally has it all under control. :)
love,
Tori

blondevue... said...

I really like your new header. :)

Kassandra said...

Thanks Tori! :o) There's something a little off about it. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it seems like something about it needs to change, but I just couldn't figure out WHAT when I was creating it, so I just gave up. :o) But I figured it was about time that my header actually MATCHED my blog. ;o) Love you!

It's a good life said...

I looovee the pic you and Mike have... Its awesome... btw(:

I know we already talked about this when I was over, but you made sense and don't worry like tori said, we know you, =]

I LOVE you,,, so much! And can't wait to come over friday(o:

Happy Girl said...

I like your new header, It matches your background way better. =)