Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Birthday

Today is my husband's birthday. :o) I don't really have a whole lot planned for tonight, because we already did everything over the weekend. Josh, and Angela and I set up a surprise dinner for him, and we took him out to Gambardella's. He didn't know Josh and Ang were involved in the whole scheme until we got to the restaurant. Ok, here's what happened. Mike had to work a side job all day, so I told him he HAD to be home, and ready to leave the house at 6:00 (reservations were at 6:30). So at that point he knew something was up, but he didn't know why or what was going on. So, while he was working, I mixed up this cake mix that you bake in the croc pot (recipe courtesy of Jenn, thanks Jenn, it was AWESOME!!!) and I took it over to Josh and Ang's house, for them to put in the croc pot before they left, so it could cook while we were at dinner. So, mike came home at 5:15 and we got ready to leave. About half way to Gambardella's, Mike figured out where we were going, but he still didn't know it was for his birthday, and he still didn't know that Josh and Ang were going to be there. We were walking inside and he saw their car, and he was like "Is Josh and Ang here?" I said, "What? I don't know." It was funny. So we get inside, and I whisper to the lady at the door that the reservations are for 4 and they're under Lambert, but the other two are already there. So she told us how to get upstairs, and we went up there, and Josh and Ang were sitting at the table. That's when Mike finally caught on, and when Josh said, "Happy early birthday!". It was funny. So we had an awesome dinner, and a lot of fun just talking, and enjoying each other's company. Here are some pictures at Gambardella's.





After dinner, we went back to Josh and Ang's. The cake wasn't quite done cooking, so we opened presents. :o) Josh got him this cool polo shirt from American Eagle. I got him this cool Burton suitcase offline, and 2 Burton t-shirts, a new Burton beanie, and a new pair of snowboarding socks (Burton of course). Needless to say, he was excited about all of his presents. :o) I ordered his suitcase on the first of July, expecting it to take a couple weeks to get here. I had it shipped to work, so he wouldn't know about it, and it got here 3 days after I ordered it! And let me tell you, I had the HARDEST time keeping my mouth shut for 4 weeks about it! :o) I love surprises. Anyways, after presents we ate the chocolate cake and ice cream. It was SOOOO good. If anyone wants the recipe, I will give it to you. I'm going to make it again sometime soon. :o) Anyways, here are some pictures of present time. :o)
So happy. :o)

No comments: