Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Catching Up...

Hmm, I haven't posted in a while. So I figured I'd get on it. ;o)

You all already know, but I'll put it on here anyways... baby is looking like a boy. :o) I'm getting very excited about it, and cannot wait to meet my little man. I turned 25 weeks today, so roundabouts 15 more to go. Time is flying by. It's going to be here in no time at all. :o) I got pictures from the ultrasound last Wednesday, but none of them were very good, so I really don't feel they're worth sharing. I think my Dr. is going to take a little peek again at my next appointment just to make sure it's still a boy, so maybe I'll get some better ones then. ;o) But if not, my sweet hubby came up with the awesome idea to go get a 3D ultrasound done! I'm so excited to get another chance to see my little man, and maybe see what some of his features are. :o) So, we will get pictures and a DVD from that appointment, so I'll be sure to post those. :o) It's on December 1st, when I turn 30 weeks. Which is only 5 weeks away. And then I'll be in the single digit count-down! Yikes!!! :o)

So I think I'll post some pictures of when we went to Ninilchik before we went to Nebraska. We went down over a weekend to hang out with my parents, and had a really good time. I really enjoyed it. :o)



My amazing hubby. :o) This was on the way down, where you pull off to go up to the Princess Hotel. It was SO foggy out. But we had fun being dorks. ;o)


The fireweed. :o) This was the tallest fireweed I have ever seen! It was taller than me!




Crystal, Tim and Annette Chace were there over the weekend as well, and I watched Crystal's girls so that she could go out on the halibut boat with Dad and her parents to catch some fish without having to worry about little ones being out on the big water. We had fun, but they were a handful! ;o)




Sisters. :o)

Ellie was fascinated by the pig. She wanted to stay over there all day but it stunk. ;o)


Annabelle playing with a dandelion. She's so cute. :o)


Ellie and her dandelion. She had fun blowing all the little fuzzies off.


Mike and Dad's friend Fred's son, Trenton with their fish. They look happy huh? ;o)


Mike and my dad... being a dork. ;o)


There's a happy one! :o)


Down at Happy Valley. My favorite place in Ninilchik. I have to go every time I'm there.


Mom, in all the millions of times she's been to Ninilchik has never been to Happy Valley (i know, *gasp!*) so I forced her to come with me, instead of staying at the camper and working on chores, which is all she EVER does when she gets left behind because the fishing boat is too full. I told her she needed to take a break and do something fun! So, we went. It was rainy and yucky out, but we had a great time walking the beach, talking about all kinds of things and looking for cool rocks and shells. :o)




The beach, and the waterfall. Love it. :o)





Me and my mommy. :o) We were being dorks, and I was cracking her up. I think she really enjoyed the time we spent together. As did I. :o)


Pretty flowers...




I tried to get her to be a dork, but she wouldn't do it. She just had to stay all cute. ;o)


I REALLY wish I had a macro lense. This would have been even cooler if I was able to get closer on it. You should click on it to see it full size though. The drop of water is neat. :o)




We drove my poor little car down the tiny little super bumpy, tree-covered road. I think I only bottomed out once. ;o)


Later in the day, all the guys came back from fishing, and wanted to go to Happy Valley as well. Seeing as I love the place so much, I wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to go, and I missed my hubby while he was gone. :o) So back I went.


A little run down shack of some sort on the hike out to the falls.


Dad's high school best friend from Texas, Robert, and Lucas at the top of the waterfall.

So pretty, even amidst the fog and rain. :o)

Mike and Tyler decided that they needed to conquer the rock. ;o)


the tide was SO far out. It was crazy. I had never seen it like that before.




I totally forgot that I had taken these until I was going through my Ninilchik pictures just now trying to figure out which ones to post. I hadn't even seen them on my computer until now. Isn't it gorgeous?!? The fireweed was out in full force all along the highway on the way home. I couldn't get enough of it. The hillsides were just painted purple, and it was awesome. See how GREEN those mountains are??? Wow. It took my breath away. No better place to be stopped for construction if you ask me. :o)



Well there you go, I posted. ;o) And it wasn't JUST about pregnancy, or babies. ;o) Hope you all are having a fabulous week.

6 comments:

Happy Girl said...

Wow girl, you and your Mom look so alike! That's awesome. She looks so good and has lost so much weight too, even with that big rain coat on you can tell how much smaller she is.

On the picture about the tide being out I wanted to yell "RUN!!! It's A TSUNAMI!!!" But I couldn't. Haha. ;-)

And you're so right those last two pictures are amazing. Way cool hon. It's so surprising how your camera is only 2 Megapixel higher than mine and I really don't get the clarity of the scenic pictures that you do. It makes me want another camera even MORE! Haha.... Ok ok, I'll be content. ;-)

blondevue... said...

Hey! Nobody minds posts about pregnancy and babies!
Well at least I don't! lol...
Pretty pictures, looks like fun with your Mom. :)
The pictures of Ellie and Annabelle so remind me of when Crystal was little, she looked like that all the time! (pretty, dirty, and in overalls) :)
Have a good day, love ya.

Noah said...

wow, sometimes I almost forget how beautiful Alaska is (I don't just say that cause it's my hometown either). Every picture is like something from a story book. It almost made me cry just looking at the pictures and remembering all the memories and feelings that are inseparably interwoven with that place. Life is wonderful amidst it's sorrows and it's joys.

Kassandra said...

Lanae`,
You crack me up! What on earth are you talking about, a tsunami? Haha, but I could see you yelling that, so I bust out laughing. Thanks pal. ;o)

Tori,
I'm glad that you don't get bored of my pregnancy posts! I feel like it's all I ever talk about, and people get bored with it. So I'm glad to know that you don't! :o) Love you!

Noah,
It doesn't matter how many times I've seen those mountains, or that waterfall, it never fails to take my breath away. Alaska truly is one of the most beautiful places ever. :o) Thanks for the comment, I hope you're doing well! :o)

rebekah said...

Kassandra you took some great pictures, they are gorgeous. I love the fog. I love Happy Valley too. :)

aksunflower said...

I absolutely love the pictures of your mom. Thank you so much for sharing. It really made me miss her...
You should think about printing those 2 last scenery pictures on cards. They are beautiful.