Wednesday, November 12, 2008

So, I'm posting, OK????

Alright, due to much whining from Lanae`, and Angela, and Amber, I'm going to post. Not because I actually have anything worth saying, but because of the whining. :o) Well, it is nice to know that people actually read my blog, and that they (well, most of them) love me. :o)

Alright, so what exactly is new in Kassandra's life? Hmmm...not a whole lot...really. But I will fill you in on the boring details. :o)

This past weekend I had a three-day weekend because of Veteran's Day. It's a paid holiday for us, but the stores are open, so we get to pick one day in the pay period that we want off. So, I chose Monday. Mike had a personal day that he needed to use, from when he had to work a holiday, so he took the day off too. We slept in, and then got up and ate breakfast. Shortly after I ate my breakfast, my stomach started cramping up, and was hurting like crazy. Then my face started to get all hot around my eyes and stuff. It was SOOO weird. So I went in the bathroom, and sat there for a minute, then proceeded to throw up. Yes, it was lovely. Anyways, I was fine the rest of the day so that was weird. So, after the puking incident, we drove around town, running errands. Mike had to do a side job at Barnes and Noble, so I got to wander around in there for a while. Then we went and got nitrogen put in my tires. We went to lunch at Brugger's. That was yummy. :o) Then we just kind of chilled the rest of the day. It was nice to pretty much do nothing, and the "somethings" that we did have to do were done in a very relaxed, NON rushed fashion. It was a good day.

On Saturday I made a plastic bag holder, you know, one of those tube things with the elastic at the bottom. Put bag in top, pull out of bottom. It turned out really cute. I'll be posting pictures of it soon. I also bought a ready made pattern for an apron. So, on Monday night I did that, and it turned out great. I'm excited about it. :o) So, yes, I will be posting pictures of that too...eventually. :o)

All in all it was a great 3 day weekend. Very relaxed. Except for the part where I threw up. Haha, other than that it was great! :o)

What did you guys do for veteran's day?

10 comments:

Florida Girl said...

OK--sorry-I am caught up on the throwing up thing . . . hmmmm. I recall three time periods in my life where throwing up was a normal part of my day. Any news to share?? Goes with the new ring and the new name you have, you know.

lol :)

Kassandra said...

Haha, no I'm fairly certain that there is no news to share. I've got mixed feelings about that statement, but it's all in the Lord's timing. :o) But don't worry, when I DO have news to share, the whole world will know. Haha. :o)

Happy Girl said...

Hey now. That wasn't so hard, was it? Thanks Da'ling!

I worked on Veterans day. The church was having a giant picnic/games thing at a military community center but I didn't get to go until the last hour. But it all turned out ok, because Tori and Rachel (girl from church) went to Fireproof. Man oh man, if it is playing in a theature near you, then you HAVE to go! It's soo soo good. It has Kirk Cameron in it and has all kinds of stuff about God and things that I really wouldn't think a cinema would let you watch. But maybe that's why it's only playing at one Cinema in the entire Oahu island, eh?

Kassandra said...

Yeppers, Lanae`. It's a big deal around here. :o) Mike and I and Josh and Ang went and saw it a couple weeks ago. While the acting wasn't the greatest, the story was by far the best I have seen in a long time. It was a great movie. :o) Love you.

Anonymous said...

We still can't find where it is playing here. But as soon as I see it on vedio i will be getting it to see. I thought the same thing when you told me you were sick. I had that scare last week. It happens sometimes. I hope for you that it turns out "possitive" (wink) Well girly thank you so much for posting, most of us were having withdrawls.
love you!
Amber

Happy Girl said...

Yah, I was rather dissapointed in the acting too. Maybe just because I really didn't like seeing Kirk Cameron so angry. It just kind of throws you off after seeing him in all of those 10 Commandment things. And it was definitely a cheeper movie, which is a bummer and kind of destracts from the movie, but the plot was pretty good.

That's so cool. That it is playing there in the AK. =)

Kassandra said...

You COULD just email me ya know, Lanae`. *ahem*.

Happy Girl said...

Hey!!! That's a thought! But then who would leave you novel length comments!!!! Do you not want comments, Kassandra? *ahem*

Kassandra said...

Yes, I want comments, but I would also like an email from you. ;o)

Kassandra said...

oh, I forgot... *AHEM*