Monday, October 6, 2008

Day 7 of the Honeymoon: Saturday

Saturday was our last day in Hawaii to actually do stuff before we came home. Somehow, Mike convinced me, against my better judgement, to go hike up a volcano crater (an inactive volcano crater). We went. It was hot. I thought I was going to die. the pictures I got were amazing. I'm glad Mike had fun, but that's all I'll say. :o)


This was the plumeria tree right outside the front door to our condo. We were on the third floor (not so good with stairs in hot weather) so we were in the top of the tree. It was beautiful, and it smelled AMAZING. I loved walking outside in the mornings. :o)


These are all pictures from the top of the crater, and looking down on the trail and stuff.






This is Waikiki. I love this picture. :o)








this is the inside of the crater, where we started. :o)

This is where you come out to the other side of the crater at the top. it's an old World War II bunker. I think that's really cool. :o)
Looking out of the bunker.

A tunnel we had to walk through. It was in between the 1st and 2nd flight of stairs. Yes, stairs. 271 to be exact. don't worry, I didn't count them. They were selling T-Shirts. I didn't buy one. :o)
You can see the tiny little trail right in the middle of the picture.
The top, from the bottom. :o)
After we got done, Mike bought us these huge sno cones. Oh MAN were they good. mmmm mmm. :o)


this nice couple took our picture for us. :o) It was gorgeous that day. :o)
Alright, there's day 7. :o) Almost done, folks.

6 comments:

Florida Girl said...

This looks like a really neat experience and those sno-cones look amazing!!!! Yum.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the pictures. I needed some warm sunny sand pictures! Love you baby' and I will email you later today!
Amber

~Kluane said...

I still can't get over the colors over there! WOW!! Mom said she had a snocone over there that had Macedamia nut ice cream on the bottom....she said it was to die for=o)

Happy Girl said...

Blue sky's smiling at me... nothing but blue skies do I see... =) All of thos pictures reminded me of the answertone song on Tori's phone. I forget how clear the sky is there. I think that I'm going to ask God for a gloomy rainy day ever so often, just to keep me realistic.

PS. Ice Cream snocones are the only way to go. ;-)

Kassandra said...

I have never had an ice cream sno cone. My regular sno cone was the best I've ever had though, so I was quite content. :o)

Anonymous said...

Good post.