Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Challenge: Day 9

Well, good morning guys! :o) Good news: I did get out of bed and read this morning. :o) AND, I only snoozed the alarm ONCE past 6:00, so I got up at 6:05. :o)

Today's lesson was a continuation on wisdom. It was pretty good, and insightful. It told a story of a woman who always tried to lead her husband because she truly believed she was "spiritually anointed". She tried to be the spiritual leader in her home, which after time, destroyed her husband's career, and tore him down to where he wasn't much of a man any more at all. In the end she literally went crazy, announcing - very loudly - to the author's husband, who is pastor at their church, that her husband was having an affair with Marilyn Monroe - who had already been dead for more than 50 years. Uh, kinda scary huh?

so, that was my lesson for the day. :o) How did you all do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not read last night because of church. the pastor compared new christian to babies and the church to a beautiful bride. It was so such a good message. It is funny how the simpilest messages always mean the most to me. I guess they kinda just hit my heart right. Anyway I am going to try my hardest to make time to read my Bible. Maybe Jared and I can sit down together and make time. Text me to remind me.
love you
amber

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot to ask, did you get the picture of Harley's socks last night on your cell?
Amber

blondevue... said...

I've been reading, just haven't posted any notes on it yet. I will though.
It is encouraging to read about what God is showing you during the day.
Love you,