Monday, December 1, 2008

The Challenge

Well, good morning guys. Sorry I didn't post on Friday about whether I read or not. I was just kinda busy. :o) Anyways, I did read that morning. The lesson was on thankfulness again, just kind of expounding on the lesson before. It was good. :o)

We had a pretty good Thanksgiving. My grandparents came over, and one of mom's students, named Rebekah came over with her 3 daughters who were 12, 6, and 14 months. Her husband is in Iraq, so mom invited them to join us. Also, one of mom's clients came, with her 6 year old daughter, Lindsey. They were really sweet. Her husband is also in Iraq. We all had a really good time together. We ate and talked, and played the Wii. It was a lot of fun. We even got my grandparents to play the Wii. That was funny. :o) anyways, it was a good Thanksgiving, all in all.

Friday night my parents came over for dinner. Mike bought Rib-eye steaks, and cooked them on the grill outside (thanks for letting us borrow that for the winter, Tori!). I made mashed potatoes and wild rice to go along with it. It was a super yummy dinner. :o) Then we sat around until 9:30, waiting to go bowling. Why on earth do these people wait so late to open up the open bowl? Goodness. We were all passing out on the couch watching The Incredibles on TV. Haha. :o) Anyways, we went, and played two games, and had a good time. Lucas met us there as well. It was really fun just hanging out with the family. It was a pretty nice time.

Then Saturday morning came along. Ugh. You see, we were supposed to go snowboarding. It was opening weekend at Moose. I was so excited. I woke up at 2:30 feeling nauseous, but was able to go back to sleep. Well, I woke up again at 4:30. That time I wasn't so lucky. Ugh, it was awful and my husband never heard me. Go figure. :o) Anyways, I went back to sleep, and woke up off and on moaning because my stomach was hurting so bad. When I woke up again some time around 8:00, Mike asked me what was wrong. I told him that my stomach hurt and that I had thrown up earlier. Well, I ended up making another trip into the bathroom. Needless to say, we didn't go snowboarding. Luckily though, I didn't have any more incidents the rest of the day, but I was absolutely miserable all day. It was awful. By the time we went to bed I was in tears, but it was just from the exhaustion, and because my entire body hurt. I didn't have any trouble sleeping through the night, which was good, because I was worried about that, since I had slept on and off throughout the day. Anyways, I felt a lot better yesterday, but had absolutely zero energy, so I wasn't able to make it to church. Getting the flu really wipes me out. Just ask my parents, they know. When I was younger and I got the flu, I almost always ended up in the emergency room, from dehydration. I'm thankful that it wasn't the case this time. Anyways, I'm a lot better this morning. Just still being a little careful as to what I eat. :o)

Which brings me to this morning. I'm sorry, but I did not get up early and read my book and Bible as I should have. I'm just still kinda tired from being sick, and while I feel a ton better, my body is still recovering, and I needed the extra rest. Hopefully I'll be able to get back into the swing of things tomorrow morning and keep it that way! :o)

Anyways, I think that's enough of my blabber for now. :o) Hope you all had a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving, and a better weekend than me! :o)

I'm going to try to post some random pictures of stuff I've been working on recently, a little later today. :o) Hope it's a good one for you so far!

3 comments:

Mrs.Lambert said...

SORRY IM MOVING ): IM GONNA MISS BEING SO CLOSE TO YALL TOO...GUESS WELL HAVE TO ACTUALLY MAKE PLANS IN ADVANCE NOW(: I HOPE YOULL STILL SOME HELP ME SOME WHEN I HAVE THE BABY...I WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING YOU STAY WITH ME...BUT I UNDERSTAND IF YOU DONT WANNA DO THE DRIVE...BUT I HOPE YOU WILL!!!(: GLAD TO HEAR YOUR FEELING BETTER,WE MISSED YALL AT CHURCH YESTERDAY.TAKE IT EASY K?

Anonymous said...

I started reading this morning...not doing the created to be his helpmeet book, but I did start On the Other side of the Garden, which has been sitting on my shelf with the workbook for....oh...atleast ten years now. Sad, huh? :O)
Feel better soon!

Kassandra said...

Well Bek, there's no better time to start than now! :o) Let me know how it goes! :o)