Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Okay, okay

So, I know I've been avoiding the "Challenge" subject for a while, but that's because I fell off the bandwagon for a bit. But you couldn't have guessed that by my evasiveness, could you? :o)

Anyways, I did read this morning. It was a pretty short chapter, on reactions. How reactions to things are a true reflection of your heart and mind, because reactions are not - generally speaking - thought out and planned. So whatever flies out of your mouth as you are reacting to something, might not be what you are intending to say, but it's what you are thinking. Anyways, she goes on to say how when we start changing our thinking, and our hearts about certain things, then our reactions change as well. It's quite the interesting concept, that can be applied to all areas of life.

Alright, so there you have it! Let's pray that I can keep with it again. WHY is this such a struggle? Goodness.

Any special plans for new year's? I know most of you will be at church on New Year's Eve, but are there any other plans in the making? :o) Hope you all are having a good day. Maybe I'll post pictures of my new Burton snowboarding coat soon. Let me tell ya, it's SO cute. Thanks to my hubby! :o)

8 comments:

blondevue... said...

I'm glad you're back to it girlie, I will start posting about the time I am reading in Jonah soon, I am still waiting on the other book from our sunday school teacher. (He's out of town right now)
It has been a strong focus of the singles biblestudy here to challenge each other in the Word, and discuss what God is blessing or talking to us about. It has been a challenge to me, and I really pray you keep it up.
Love and miss ya, I can't believe you'll be here in three weeks!

PS. I stil haven't found a place I want to go riding at when you are here. I am excited for you to be here :) And not only you and mike but phil, jen, alen and natasha will be coming too! :) Jen and Brian are still thinking about it too. I am so thrilled, it will be so good to see you guys! Love, Tori

Florida Girl said...

I needed to see that reminder about reactions. That is an area that I have struggled with in the past and still do sometimes. Reactions are truly the only things we have real control over when things are not going well or the way we would like. So many regrets can be avoided by taking that extra second to get with the Lord before we open our mouths. Thanks for reading that and reporting to us! See you are helping us out down here in Florida by doing your reading. :)

It's a good life said...

That's so true! I've never thought of it like that before though! You change your mind after you think about it a little bit... but your intial thoughts are not usually good. Well. MY intial thoughts aren't good. =] =] =] Good way to look at it though, through your reactions.

Yep, yep. We do, we do! Soon(: I'm actually reallyyyy sick right now. Dint open the shop cuz I've been throwing up... grossss. =[ Not fun. I'm feelin a lil better. Hoping I'll feel good enough to go to the Trickey's house tonight... I was really excited about it. =( Lotsss of people went last year and it was a total blast. (=

Happy Girl said...

You know, I was really looking forward to a post from you this morning. =(

Happy Girl said...

And this morning....

Kassandra said...

You just didn't wait long enough this morning Lanae. :o)

Happy Girl said...

AHOY! I see there a post! AHOY! Ahaha. Ok, enough of that. Yah, I figured you would be posting soon, but.... it was too tempting to see how many days in a row I could leave a comment. I'll have to start earleir next time..... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Texans don't do cold!!! haha HAWAII!!! wow that will be super cool!! just wanted to say hi!!