Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hawaii Pictures, Part 4

Alright, well I've gotta say that I'm pretty proud of myself for getting these pictures posted so quick. :o) Maybe I'm getting better at this. Or maybe it's a fluke. :o) anyways, on with the show.

Beautiful hibiscus flowers at one of the stops on the Hana Highway.

So, we stopped at an arboretum along the way, and there was a steep drop off and this was what was at the bottom. Just looking at it freaked me out, because right before you get to this stop there's a sharp curve, so it's definitely not hard to imagine how this happened. *shiver*
The trees were amazing.




These trees were my favorite. they're called Paint Trees (or something like that anyhow) and their color intensifies when they're wet. Lucky for us, it had just poured. :o)

Ugh, these pictures don't do them justice. They were so cool.
Look! People!

The end of the trail.
These orange flowers were so cool. they grow in the tops of the trees though, so unfortunately I couldn't get a close up view.

More Paint Trees. :o)
Aren't these roots cool??? Alaska trees are SO boring.
Lanae`'s potty. Haha, ok not really. It was a joke we had going though. You just had to be there. :o)
I just love this picture. I completely used manual focus on my camera and I love the way it turned out.

Lava rocks



On our way back to the first waterfall, a second time.
Mike swimmin in the water. :o)

On our way to the airport.


Hehe, love my Tori. :o)


Do you see how disgustingly tan mike is?!?!? I mean, I came back pretty tan too, but nothing near what he is - obviously, since I'm standing right next to him in the picture.
Anyways, there you have it. They're all done. :o)

4 comments:

Happy Girl said...

Wowzers, I need to go sit in the sun. I have TOTALLY lost a bunch of that tan. Hmph, that's just depressing. Sorry office worker! And I do believe that you are 257.41% better at posting pictures now! I thought it would be Thanksgiving by the time I got to see them all. Hehe. So Dad's picking us up Jamba Juice this morning.... he lost a bet with me. ;-) Don't mess with Lanae` man, you'll lose! Haha. Off to work for me.

blondevue... said...

You did a great job of the closeup's on the flowers and trees!
I like the ones of us together :)

Anonymous said...

Great flowers!
amber

Florida Girl said...

Hey there! I have not been on my blog in many days so I am just seeing these. They are really good! I am also not ignoring that email you sent--I just got it too and will respond very soon! I am great and hope you are too. :o)