Monday, March 16, 2009

This Post Didn't Turn Out Anything Like I had Planned...

Wow. It's Monday again. Time is a funny thing, don't you think? Over the weekend, Mike and I passed our 9 month anniversary. Wow. 9 months. That's crazy. I know it might seem like nothing to some of you, but it seems like a lot to me. :o) And at the same time, it feels like it was just yesterday. In 3 more months, it will be a year. So much can happen in a year. So much can (and it has) change. It's just crazy to see the growth, and difference (not good, not bad, just different) in yourself, and others, over the course of a year. Maybe some would argue that I haven't grown in the past year. But I think I have. I'm trying anyways. You may not see it, but I am. I want to be what the Lord wants me to be, and I've been striving to do what I know is right in my life, and to honor Him in what I do. That's not always an easy road to travel. In fact, I think it never is. And sometimes it hurts. A lot. But, somehow you just know that by going through this little bit of hurt (even though at the time it feels like a lot) now, as He is molding you, you know that it will ultimately save you a lot of hurt later. And that when that "later" comes, you will be the beautiful vessel that He has always meant for you to be. Wouldn't you rather be that, than a pile of broken clay? I would. And so that is what I have been, and will continue to strive for.

Hoping the Lord is blessing you in some way on this beautiful day that He has made. :o)

3 comments:

Happy Girl said...

It's funny to think that just last March we were planning your wedding. It feels like years ago. I think that has to do with the fact that I am here and not there. But even still, you've definitely changed in the last year as we knew you would. Just another phase of life, who knows when I'll be there, but I'm sure when I am that you'll be there to laugh at me and any preconceited ideas that I had about marriage. ;-) That's what friends are for, eh?

blondevue... said...

Today is beautiful I agree. And it seems beautiful isn't always about the weather but what God has given us. I'm glad you are thankful for what God has given you. :)
I think that the hard times with God usually come when we are not serving Him as we should, or are coming back to Him after straying. He always seems to give grace, but because we get so far away it seems hard (within our ownselves) to get back to the place where He wants us to be. Only He can help us, and thankfully He draws us close.
Hey I found this verse this morning when I was reading.
"Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established." Proverbs 16:3
I thought it was good because it shows that we have to have action (our works) turned towards God and He will give us the correct thoughts and mindset.
Well there's my post to your post. =o) Love you. :) Tori

Kassandra said...

That's so true Tori. :o)

Love you both!