Monday, March 9, 2009

The Weekend

Well, it was a pretty good weekend, all in all. We went snowboarding on Saturday. It was fun, but hard. Really, really hard. We got a lot of wet, heavy snow, and then there was a ferocious wind storm on Friday, which made the snow really bumpy. They didn't groom the hill at all, so we had to battle the snow all day. This is only the second time I have been this year, and I didn't get to go at all last year, so my body just isn't used to it anymore. We had a good time (Mike and I went, and Jordan came with us, and Sam and Elmer caught up with us later in the day), but it wore me out. I actually ended up sleeping in the lodge on a bench for about an hour. :o) Then after that, I went up twice more with the boys, and called it quits at about 4:45 or so. They did the last run without me. My legs were on fire, and hurting so bad I literally could not hold myself up any longer. I felt like I was having muscle failure. I was really annoyed with my body, and mad that I couldn't go up any more. :o) I have pretty much decided that I don't want to go again unless I have a girl to board with. I can usually keep up with the boys ok, but Saturday was hard. And they weren't too incredibly interested in waiting for me, which I get, but it made it kind of a bummer day. Anyways, I am glad that I went, I just need a girlfriend next time. :o) I think in between now and then though, I'm going to do some SQUATS and get my legs in shape! Sheesh. ;o)

Anyways, we went home, and Mike headed out to Jordan's to play the Wii with all the boys, and Heidi came over and hung out at my place for a while. :o) We had a good time. We got my curtains hung up, but I don't have pictures...yet. I will though, I promise. :o) They're gorgeous, and I LOVE the way they pull things together, and are making my house look more like a home now. :o) After we finally got the curtains hung up, and a couple other decorating touches, we watched a movie, then she headed home. Mike got home, and we went straight to bed, since it was 12:30 because we had to set the clocks forward. :o)

Then Sunday was church, and lazing around the house. Mike filed our taxes, and we're getting money back! Yay! :o) Hopefully we will be able to have his truck paid off this month or next. What a blessing that will be!

Anyways, that's all for now. Hope you all are having a great day! :o)

No comments: