Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Weekend Starts In an Hour...

Well, I have tomorrow off, and am SO excited about that. :o)

Tonight, Mike and I are taking off, heading to Anchorage for a weekend away together. :o) We're going to attend a marriage conference called A Weekend To Remember, hosted by a Christian organization called Family Life. I have heard lots of good things about this conference. David and Eleanor (the people I babysit for) have been to two of them, one in Anchorage and one in Fairbanks, and they loved both of them, so they decided to send us to the one in Anchorage this year, and are paying for our registration. Isn't that sweet of them??? :o)

I'm really looking forward to getting away from everything here (work, day to day responsibilities, DOGS) and doing something that focuses on us and on our marriage, and learning how to improve things. I really think it's going to be great for us, and I'm looking forward to coming out of it with a better understanding of my husband and my marriage, and striving to be a better, more Godly wife. Pray that the Lord blesses us in this!

I'll get back to posting on Monday, but this is it for the weekend. Hope you all have a great one!

4 comments:

Happy Girl said...

YAY for the weekend!! =)

I'm excited to hear if it's still as good as I've heard it was. The conference, not the weekend, that is. ;-)

Have fun! And Happy Roadtripping.

blondevue... said...

I'm so happy you guys got to go.
Praying for you. Drive safe.
Love you...
Tori

Anonymous said...

YAY have a great weekend! Love you!

Jenn said...

I will be praying for you guys!! I think it would be interesting to go to something like that. I have heard good things too. Have fun!!!