Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oh How I love a White Chocolate Mocha...

I got a white chocolate mocha at Starbucks on lunch. Yummy. :o)

Well, it's Tuesday. And it is dragging on FOREVER. Goodness.

I took Evie to Petco today to get groomed. I'll be picking her up after work. Maybe this time I'll get a picture of her before she rips the bow out of her hair. :o) then I have to run to Joann's to grab a couple things, so I'm gonna take her in there with me, because she needs more socialization. She gets scared when she's around people she doesn't know, and we need to fix that if we're gonna breed her.

Anyways. I thought I would update you guys on how I've been doing with my chore calendar. :o) I'm actually quite impressed with myself. Last week, I got my Monday chores done, and I also got my Tuesday ones done too. I didn't do my Wednesday chore, because it honestly didn't need to be done. On Wednesday I'm supposed to vacuum the rug in the living room (I pick something easy for Wednesday nights because of church) and it just wasn't dirty at all. I'll do it this week though. Anyways, I got my Thursday chores done as well. Fridays I left free for myself, then Saturday I did laundry. And yesterday I got my Monday chores done again! I kinda did more last night though. I got ALL the clutter cleaned up downstairs last night. You can actually see our breakfast bar now. It's crazy. And our table. :o) It feels SO good to have a decluttered home. Tonight will be the decluttering (AKA picking up all my laundry all over our room...oops.) of the upstairs, and vacuuming upstairs (Mondays are mopping downstairs). I'm really enjoying the structure of this schedule, and as much as I hate chores, I'm actually finding joy in doing them. It's amazing the way God blesses you when you're doing things to improve your marriage, and honoring Him through it all. Imagine that. :o)

I had a good weekend. I got Mike sent off to play on the snow hill all day with Jordan, and started on a few things around the house. I threw my laundry in, and Heidi came over and picked me up and we went and changed her laundry out, and then ran a couple errands for her, then went and picked her laundry up, and then went back to my house to change my laundry over again. We were standing out in the hallway, in the common area of our condo, doing the laundry, and Heidi walked out of the house, and closed the door. Which was locked. We had no keys. No phones. Just Evie and a bag of quarters. Hmm, probably not gonna get us very far. So, I knocked on my neighbors door, who luckily was home (that's all we'll say about that). I used his phone and called Mike, who then made a couple other calls, and Larson's ended up coming out and picking the lock for us. Haha, we had a good time just hangin out on the washing machines. :o) Evie tried to kill herself by jumping off of my lap onto the linoleum floor. Anyways, after that we went to ACS and then Carl's Jr then Famous Footwear, then Old Navy. Then we went home and watched a movie till Mike got home.

Well, that was the excitement of my weekend. :o) Did everyone have a good weekend? Hope you're all doing well. Talk to you later! :o)

3 comments:

blondevue... said...

hahaha, it seems your neighbor is used to letting people chill in their living room! I remember getting locked out of your house this fall as well! :o)
Just me and Charlie hanging out in your neighbors house waiting on the locksmith. :~)
Thanks for the talk earlier. I'm so thankful for you. And that your chores are going well! ;-)
Muulah love my dear, Tori

Anonymous said...

mine was about as exciting as yours except for the whole getting locked out thing. I did my future sister in laws nails and then I did laundry.... Not much else!!! ha ha ha
Love you!
amber

Jenn said...

Hey....I am soooooo proud of you for doing your chores. I have been getting quite a bit done this week myself. Love you and have a great time this weekend!!